Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
"We are stubborn on vision. We are flexible on details."
- Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon
Amazon.com Net Income 2004-2018
Wealth Inequality in the U.S.
Welcome to the Beyond Amazon libguide!
Amazon's ubiquity is having largely detrimental effects on local businesses and communities. This site is a guide to shopping options outside of Amazon that contribute to rather than stifle diverse local economy and infrastructure.
This guide is divided into three sections.
- Why not Amazon?
- This section explores a few problematic aspects of Amazon, and invites you to go more in-depth into recent scandals surrounding Amazon.
- Alternative Shopping Options
- Did you know that Amazon picks up $1 of every $2 dollar spent via e-ecommerce? This section tells you where you can shop if you'd like to avoid spending money through Amazon.
- Wealth Inequality
- This section provides resources to do further research on rampant wealth inequality.
Hello! I am an MLIS student at Pratt Institute with an interest in reference and public services. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions or comments regarding this LibGuide.